In-Home Dog Training in Huntsville
The Quality Business Awards recognizes a dog trainer who achieved an average quality score of 95% or greater over the previous 12 months for dog training and puppy training in Huntsville, AL. Learn more about this award by clicking here.
Huntsville dog trainer gives tips about puppy training and dog training.
My puppy training and dog training programs consist of private lessons at your home in Huntsville and Madison, AL. I teach your dog the desired behaviors: sit, down, stay, and come. I also help you to prevent unwanted behaviors such as play biting, jumping, chewing, and barking. Your dog will learn to walk on a loose leash and have good house manners and social skills.
My Advanced Dog Training program includes training and testing for the American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen (AKC CGC) test. This Huntsville program will help prepare your dog to pass this test that requires it to be healthy and well-kept, accept other people and their dogs, walk on a loose leash, and much more. Requires basic puppy training by your dog trainer.
Therapy Dog training is now available in Huntsville and Madison. A therapy dog lends comfort and affection to people in a facility setting or specific individuals who require visitation to deal with a physical or emotional problem. Requires basic puppy training and advanced dog training certifications prior to being tested by a dog trainer as a therapy dog.
We spent alot of time searching for a dog trainer before we brought our golden retriever puppy home. We chose Top Dog Training because of the in- home training program and Dale's approach to training as well as his experience. Wow, we are so glad we went with Dale. He had a special connection with our 11 week old puppy Frosty from the moment they met. At the first training session he taught Frosty how to sit, the down command and the stay command. We were very impressed with how easily Dale accomplished the training tasks.
Dale also provided instruction on how to address and prevent puppy nipping. Each week Dale worked with us to determine specific issues we might be having and taught us how to address training to avoid the bad behavior and reward the good behavior. He also taught Frosty additional obedience commands and how to do loose leash walking. He offered suggestions on which leashes work best and suggestions for treats and toys. We took advantage of Dale's podcast and his puppy training book to reinforce training segments and help us work with Frosty between training sessions.
We highly recommend Dale at Top Dog Training. We will definitely be back for the advanced training once Frosty gets a little older. Being able to train your puppy in a one- on- one session in your own home is the perfect atmosphere for success. This training was well worth the cost. Thank you Dale for marking Frosty a better family puppy.
Many dog owners make the mistake of thinking that a professional dog obedience trainer isn't necessary. They often think that whatever training their dog needs, they can provide themselves. However, having your dog trained by a professional trainer early in its life is the best way to ensure that it will be obedient as it grows older. According to a study done by the National Council on Pet Population Study and Policy, roughly 96 percent of the dogs given up to shelters haven't received any type of obedience training. This is a very telling statistic, and one that you should keep in mind when deciding whether or not you want to have your dog trained by a professional. The following are five benefits that obedience training can have for both you and your dog:
• Identify behavioral issues early - Many dog owners are unable to sense if their dog has any behavioral issues because they have been blinded by unconditional love for their pet. A professional dog obedience trainer will be able to identify signs of potential behavioral problems even if they haven't become serious issues yet and will train them and provide advice accordingly to help keep potential behavioral issues from becoming actual, serious behavioral problems.
• Train your dog quicker and more effectively - Sure, you can go online and figure out a few ways to train your dog on your own. However, a professional obedience trainer will be able to provide a more comprehensive plan for training your dog using more effective methods. Professional trainers have the experience and knowledge that you most likely don't have, after all.
• Live a healthier lifestyle - Dog owners whose dogs aren't well behaved will often leave their dogs at home when they go out in public, even as they go for a walk or head to the park. By training your dog to be obedient in public settings, research has shown that you'll not only be able to enjoy each other's companionship more often, you'll also suffer from less anxiety, get more exercise and benefit from lower blood pressure when compared to the health of non-dog owners.
• Increase the bond between you and your dog - A lot of time is required in order to train your dog. Training requires patience, time, consistency and positive rewards. The time that you invest training your dog will help to establish a stronger bond between you and your dog.
• Ensure the safety of the public - You should always have your dog on a leash - but sometimes your dog can get excited and either slip out of its collar or burst free. A dog that has not been trained could not only run away never to be seen again, it could also attack an innocent bystander. Obedience training will ensure that your dog will stay by your side or return to you within a short period of time without going on the attack.
If you are the proud owner of a new dog, then you should strongly consider having your dog trained by a professional for these five reasons.
Schedule a FREE phone consultation with us today to discuss dog training in Huntsville, AL. Puppy training Huntsville. Dog Training, Dog Trainer, Puppy Training, Huntsville, Madison, AL
Dale from day 1 was AMAZING !!!! Each training session he showed us what to do and explained even more! After each lesson he reinforced what he taught us by giving us HIS VERY OWN BOOK ( that HE wrote ) to then read over and learn what he taught us that same day ! It showed us in steps what to do to help with what we wanted to achieve! In addition to the book - he also has PodCasts to listen to !
The following weeks we showed him what we worked on ! Dale LOVES each and every dog !!!! THEY LOVE HIM !!! We were so happy to find a caring and positive reinforcement trainer for our puppy ! He told us the best leash to use and even told us about how the lick mat helps ! IF you are searching and searching to find an amazing trainer - THIS IS YOUR PLACE ! Before you start your first session ..... be sure to have all of your training treats ready !!!!! CALL DALE !!! You will be thankful !!! Enjoy !!!